Think Positive Thoughts for the Year with Positive Rock Painting! Students are encouraged to place their decorated rocks around school or around their community. Sharing positive messages brings happiness and comfort to others.
- To use vocabulary to draw positive thoughts on rocks
- To utilize fine motor skills to paint and draw on rocks
- To understand there are three main types of rocks
- Igneous: Rocks are those formed from magma or lava which has cooled. Think of them as “fire” rocks.
- Sedimentary: Rocks are those formed when sediments (sand and pebbles) are pressed or cemented together naturally, through time. Think of them as “layered” rocks.
- Metamorphic: Rocks are existing rocks which have been changed by high heat and pressure inside the earth over millions of years. Think of them as “recycled” rocks.